Welcome to the Lakeshore Community Chorus. If you are interested in joining our chorus, auditions are usually held in August and February. Please contact Nancy Plantinga, our Music Director at 616-405-3399.
Expectations for Chorus Members:
- Expenses/concert attire. Each member pays a $45 participation fee for each session (spring and fall). There is also a one-time purchase of concert attire: $20 for women’s blouses or men’s shirts. The chorus provides neckwear, as well as skirts for women and vests for men. Men must provide their own black slacks.
- Attendance. Rehearsal attendance is essential to achieve a quality performance level. Rehearsals begin just after Labor Day, ending with the holiday concert in early December. They resume in early March and end with the spring concert.
- Preparation. Members are expected to practice and learn their music in between rehearsals. A variety of tools are provided by the director and on the website (lakeshorecommunitychorus.org) to assist with home practice; e.g., CDs and digital recordings of each song with individual vocal parts prominently played/heard.
Rehearsal and Concert Schedules:
- Our Spring concerts this year are before Memorial Day, May 18th & 19th. Rehearsals began the first week of March. Approximately 12 rehearsals on
Thursday evenings. Rehearsals usually run 6:30 to 9:00 pm. During the week preceding a concert, the chorus has both a Tuesday rehearsal and a Thursday rehearsal.
- The holiday concert is the first weekend in December, 6th & 7th. Rehearsals begin the first week after Labor Day.