The Lakeshore Community Chorus was born in early 2010 from the joint musical passion of director Tim Heck and assistant director Nancy Plantinga. Their desire to offer a musical experience to singers as well as the surrounding communities produced 24 excited members. Today, under the direction of Nancy Plantinga, our 40+ members represent nine lake shore communities!
The ensemble rehearses weekly from March-June and August-December. Many members are busy and often travel, so two “sessions” every year were created to allow singers the opportunity to be involved when they can. Sessions begin with opportunities to audition for part placement and conclude with a formal concert. Other performances and joint concerts are also planned during each session. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings at Saugatuck High School (map). There is a participation fee for each session which helps supplement our expenses.
In 2011, we established ourselves as a registered nonprofit organization with a Board of Directors, and we keep growing… because our members, supporters, and communities believe music brings joy to everyone. We are blessed!
The Lakeshore Community Chorus, an adult non-profit organization, is dedicated to the performance of varied choral music for the benefit, education, and enjoyment of its members and the surrounding lake shore communities.
- Offer adult singers an outlet for musical expression and personal growth
- Exist as a financially stable nonprofit organization
- Provide opportunities for social interaction within the chorus
- Exist as an integral part of the cultural tradition of our community
- Offer exposure to music for expanded community appreciation
- Provide a musical bonding opportunity through performance