The Lakeshore Community Chorus was born in early 2010 with the desire to offer a musical experience to singers in the surrounding area. Today our choral members represent nine lake shore communities!
The ensemble rehearses weekly during March-May and September-December. Many members have other commitments or travel during winter or summer months, so two sessions every year allow singers the opportunity to be involved when they can. Sessions begin with opportunities to audition for part placement and conclude with a formal concert. Other performances and joint concerts are also planned during each session. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings in Saugatuck. There is a participation fee for each session which helps pay expenses.
In 2011, we established ourselves as a registered nonprofit organization with a Board of Directors, and we keep growing… because our members, supporters, and communities believe music brings joy to everyone!
The Lakeshore Community Chorus fosters community engagement by performing diverse choral music and sponsoring related programs for the education and enjoyment of members and audiences in our surrounding lakeshore communities.
- Offer adult and select high school-age singers an outlet for musical expression and personal growth
- Exist as a financially stable nonprofit organization
- Provide opportunities for social interaction within the chorus
- Exist as an integral part of the cultural tradition of our community
- Offer exposure to music for expanded community appreciation
- Provide a musical bonding opportunity through performance
- The Lakeshore Community Chorus seeks to make our performances accessible to everyone.
- Our public venues are always barrier-free, with ample parking and spaces for the disabled.
- Special seating accommodations for wheelchairs and physical assistance are made available as needed.
- The Board of Directors is committed to using accessible facilities for all concerts.